The Washing Machine project was created to help alleviate the burden of handwashing clothes by providing displaced and low-income communities and households with an accessible, off-grid washing solution. For the People.Planet.Product Student Design Challenge, we want your ideas to help solve real-world problems.
Entering is simple:
1. Choose your challenge, will it be People, Planet, or Product?
2. Complete your entry by answering 2 questions & upload a short video or audio file
Deadline: Monday 18th October, 10 am (BST)
TWMP Founder, Nav Sawhney, hosted a live competition briefing and Q&A session, watch it back here.
1. PEOPLE: Design a solution that encourages and empowers people to use the Divya Washing Machine around existing cultural norms. Your solution can be based on a specific cultural environment, and/or can be about the improvement of the technology or the implementation of it.
2. PLANET: Design a low tech solution that filters out greywater and microplastics before water is drained out of the Divya Washing Machines, enabling users to maximise water reuse/recapture (washing, cooking, cleaning, agricultural farming).
3. PRODUCT: Design a solution that encourages better posture and interaction of the Divya Washing Machine. Your solution could include overall improvements of efficiencies of the product such as weight, portability, maintainability and usability, or focus on a specific design point.